Ion Mandoiu, Ph.D.
Approximation algorithms, bioinformatics and computational biology, VLSI computer aided design and manufacturing, ad-hoc wireless networks.
Computer Science & Engineering Dept. University of Connecticut
371 Fairfield Way, Unit 4155
Storrs, CT 06269-4155
M.Sc. University of Bucharest, 1992
Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2000
My group conducts research in applied algorithms, particularly in the areas of bioinformatics and computational genomics.
More information about current projects can be found at:
Google Scholars Citations Link
- P. Skums and A. Artyomenko and O. Glebova and S. Ramachandran and I.I. Mandoiu and D.S. Campo and Z. Dimitrova and A. Zelikovsky and Y. Khudyakov,Computational Framework for Next-Generation Sequencing of Heterogeneous Viral Populations using Combinatorial Pooling, Bioinformatics31, pp. 682–690, 2015
- M. Hamdalla and S. Rajasekaran and D. Grant and I.I. Mandoiu, Metabolic pathway predictions for metabolomics: a molecular structure matching approach, Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling (to appear) , 2015
- M. Baumgartner and C. Lemoine and S. Al Seesi and D.K.P. Karunakaran and N. Sturrock and A. Rouf Banday and A.M. Kilcollins and I.I. Mandoiu and R.N. Kanadia, Minor splicing snRNAs are enriched in the developing mouse CNS and are crucial for survival of differentiating retinal neurons, Developmental Neurobiology (Epub ahead of print), 2014
- A. Rouf Banday and M. Baumgartner and S. Al Seesi and D.K.P. Karunakaran and A. Venkatesh and S. Venkatesh and C. Lemoine and A.M. Kilcollins and I.I. Mandoiu and C. Punzo and R.N. Kanadia, Replication-dependent histone genes are actively transcribed in differentiating and aging retinal neurons,Cell Cycle 13(16), pp. 2526-2541, 2014
- F. Duan and J. Duitama and S. Al Seesi and C. Ayres and S. Corcelli and A. Pawashe and T. Blanchard and D. McMahon and J. Sidney and A. Sette and B. Baker and I.I. Mandoiu and P.K. Srivastava, Genomic and bioinformatic profiling of mutational neo-epitopes reveals new rules to predict anti-cancer immunogenicity, Journal of Experimental Medicine 211, pp. 2231-2248, 2014