A. Jon Goldberg, Ph.D.
Dental materials, tissue engineering scaffolds
263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030
Office Phone: 860-679-4455
BS, Drexel University
MS, University of Michigan
PhD, University of Michigan
Dr. Goldberg’s research interests focus on the development of new dental materials, studies of structure-property relationships and more recently biomaterial-cell interactions. The work on new materials has involved titanium alloys for orthodontic application, fiber-reinforced composites (FRC) for various dental clinical applications and biocatalyzed mineralization.
Information about current research projects could be found at:
- Goldberg, A.J. 1990. Deterioration of restorative materials and the risk for secondary caries. Adv. Dent. Res. 4:14-18.
- Freilich, M.A.; Karmaker, A.C.; Burstone, C.J.; and Goldberg, A.J. 1998. Development and clinical applications of a light-polymerized fiber-reinforced composite. J. Prosthet. Dent. 80:311-8.
- Meiers, J.C.; Duncan, J.P.; Freilich, M.A.: and Goldberg, A.J.1998 Preimpregnated, fiber-reinforced prostheses. Part II. Direct applications: Splints and fixed partial dentures. Quintessence International 29:761-768.
- Freilich, M.A.; Meiers, J.C.; Duncan, J.P.; Eckrote, K.A.; and Goldberg, A.J. 2002. Clinical evaluation of fiber-reinforced fixed bridges. JADA 133:1524-1534.
- Freilich, M.A.; Duncan, J.P.; Alarcon, E.K.; Eckrote, K.A.; and Goldberg, A.J. 2002. The design and fabrication of fiber-reinforced implant prostheses. J. Prosth. Dent. 88:449-454.